This article describes the installation steps of oracle grid infrastructure and Oracle database on Oracle Linux 6u5 with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel using the Oracle ASMLib.
After the creation of the Oracle ASM disks in my last article, it is time to install Oracle Grid infrastructure and Oracle database.
Part 0: Creation of ASM disks on Oracle Linux using ASMLib
Part 2: Upgrade Oracle Grid Infrastructure & Database from 11gR2 to 12C
Table of Contents:
– Verification of ASM disks.
– Installing the Oracle Grid infrastructure & Oracle database 11gR2.
1. Verification of ASM disks:
I have been create 4 ASM disks, as we created on my first article. Then, creation of two disks for the disk group DATA and also two disks for the disk group FRA.
After the creation of the ASM disks, we can check:
# /etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks # /etc/init.d/oracleasm listdisks DATA1 DATA2 FRA1 FRA2
Step 1: Installation of the needed packages by Oracle grid and database:
As we mention on my first article “Setting up Oracle ASM disks”.
Step 2: Creation of the dedicated directory.
# mkdir -p /u01/app/oracle # chown -R oracle:oinstall /u01/app # chmod -R 775 /u01/app
Step 3: Preparation of the Oracle binary files:
I have the three binary files:
3. Installing Oracle Grid infrastructure standalone & Oracle Database 11gR2:
The above video describes the 4 steps to complete the installation steps of Oracle Grid Infrastructure standalone and Oracle Database 11gR2.
- Step 1: Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure standalone
- Step 2: Creation of Disk Group +FRA
- Step 3: Install Oracle Database Software only
- Step 4: Creation of Database ORCL
This article describes how to Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Oracle Database 11gR2.
Pingback: Wadhah DAOUEHI - Part 2: Upgrade Oracle Grid Infrastructure & Database from 11gR2 to 12C